Welcome

Thanks for visiting Sweet by & by. I believe that God has given us all things richly to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17). I created this blog to create friendships, share helpful hints and encourage each other in our daily walk with Christ!

Friday, August 27, 2010

What I am Making

So My friend's PRECIOUS daughter is having a "Little Mermaid" swimming party for her birthday.  I have just started playing around with vinyl on my Cricut.  I also like shadow boxes and found that you can get them super cheap at Big Lots if you just remove the stuff that is already in the pre-made ones that are supposed to be art.  In this case I made a frame that she can put her party picture in.


I removed the backing from the frame and removed the "art" that was inside.  I then removed the glass and cleaned it off with dry cotton.  I cut the images on vinyl ordered online in light sage green and bubble gum pink.  I used the "Life's a Beach" cartridge for the artwork.  I applied the vinyl on the outside of the glass.  I also added some acrylic bubble stickers for texture.  I lined the back of the frame using the original brown paper and adhering some self adhesive glitter paper to the inside of it.  On top of the glitter paper, I glued an alligator clip (swiped from my husband's paper clip container-sorry honey) topped it off with a ribbon and flower bling, then attached the bubble themed paper to the clip.  This way, she can just clip on the photo and have a ready made mat to frame the picture of this cutie!  I hope she will love it!  Kids love to see their names on things.  It is one way we can show them how special and unique they are !!!
You can check by blog roll on the side to see some of the craft blogs I am following.  If you want to add some things that you are working on, shoot me an email with a photo and I will try to add them as I get more savvy at this blogging deal!



No comments:

Post a Comment