Welcome

Thanks for visiting Sweet by & by. I believe that God has given us all things richly to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17). I created this blog to create friendships, share helpful hints and encourage each other in our daily walk with Christ!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Welcome Y'all

well, here goes my first blog post!  I have been looking and praying for a way to connect on a more personal level with other Christians who need encouragement and friendship.  I hope that you will come along with me.  Let's share some great ideas, great struggles, great recipes, and scripture.  I will share some with you!  Check my blog for great things to read, make and ponder. I crated this blog for us regular people.  I was looking on the net for a good blog for Pastor's wives and there are quite a few out there.  I don't totally define myself as "pastor's wife."  I think that if I did, I would find myself living in my own self-created fishbowl.  Anyway, the first one I found was this beautiful, almost too perfect supermom-wife-author-speaker from a giant mega-church.  I am thrilled for her.  I am not there.  I love my Church.  There is no dry ice and no tele-prompting. Moving on.....

Here is what I am thinking about today.  I will pose it as a question and you can talk amongst yourselves. What are you looking for in a blog?  In what areas do you need encouragement?
I love Y'all and hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I am your first follower. I need encouragement to value myself because God says I am valuable. I am very lonely over here in my house and don't have neighbors that seem to want to be around me. :( I need to not allow their opinion of me affect my attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon . Maybe someone else will come talk with us, but I am honored to have you as my first follower. I am sorry that you are feeling lonely. I feel that way a lot as well. I got pretty down in the dumps for a while. Reading "so long insecurity" has been a huge help to me. Whenever I feel rejected, I turn to it.

    ReplyDelete